I haven't blogged because life has been sending more curve balls than ever and the household has been a bit crazy this week! So to make it easier, here is a list of what's going on around here, in no particular order....If you are looking for a running post....click the red X in the top right cuz sistah's, you won't find it here......If you are still with me, sit back and enjoy the nightmare that is my life right now........
1) No running, tons of strengthening exercises for the right knee and no change in the pain yet ( very frustrating), but on a happier note, I have a new best friend...Billy Blanks ( yes, Mr. TaeBo King himself), my husband was jealous of this new found friendship and wanted to meet him too. Monday morning, we both got up at 5:40AM to do 40 minutes of TaeBo before work!! Knee was a bit sore after, but overall, it felt good to actually sweat and get a workout in!! Was supposed to get up this morning, but Mr. Snooze beat me at my own game, so I'll have to meet up with Mr. Blanks after work!! Think he'll be waiting for me with dinner and drinks???
2) My oldest son (Thing 1) from now on, got all A's and 1 B on his report card! ( Yay!) The little one ( Thing 2), got 2's??? WTF??? Not even sure what that means, along with the report cards were sign ups for parent/teacher conferences so I guess I'll find out what a 2 is soon........ As for the A's, do any of you reward your children for good grades?? If so, what do you do??? I used to get $1 per A, when I told hubby that, he said he got dinner on the table for his A's???? He thinks he's so funny.... seriously, does anyone reward with money still?? Has their been major inflation since my grade school days??? Or do you have any non-monetary ideas??( see #4 and you'll see why I ask)
3) Thing 2 was invited to play as a "guest player" in a few soccer tournaments coming in December and January. Pretty exciting since he didn't even play soccer this season and his coaches remembered him from last season. He is only 6, and there will be 6 kids on the team and they will play 3 on 3. Pretty cool, the January tourney is at Disney Wide World of Sports!!! I hope at this age he will enjoy it, because it is an awesome opportunity to be on a competitive team at such an early age, Thing One hasn't even been given that opportunity yet and he has been playing for several years and is actually pretty darn good ( I may be biased, I am his mom you know!!)
4) Bills, Bills, Bills................If I get another bill in the mail, I may go into cardiac arrest ( no, really) !!My hubby came home from a $19.99 oil change with a receipt for $47.00 ( he needed an air filter??) and an estimate of over $700.00 for 4 new tires, a battery and an alignment............uggghhhh ( do your husbands do this???), We just paid $4000 for doggy eye surgery and Christmas is 44 days away..............I have a 6 and 9 year old, can you say expensive electronics???? What in the world am I gonna do????
5) My co-worker got the Sasser Worm Virus on her computer....I work for my dad, so the computer got sent home to my IT Hubby who has been working on it for 48 hours.................Sasser worm is a mean little stubborn booger according to my hubby ( he may have used more grown up words to describe it but I'll never tell:0) ) and that means that everytime said co worker needs to print something, I have to stop what I am doing to print for her ( can't she see I am VERY busy, I mean blogging at work is MUY IMPORTANTE!!!)....jk - we aren't too busy today!!!
So that's about it for today!
Shoulder surgery tentatively scheduled for December 11, unless they can get me in sooner....... Then I'll be out for a while!
I'll keep you posted!!