- Completed 4-5K's with a PR of 27:01, 1- 4 mile race, intentions for a 10K and 1/2 marathon were halted with a knee injury......
- Trained for a Half Marathon with a long run of 8.5 miles. Not too shabby because when I started in May, 3-4 miles was still VERY tough for me!!!
- Started this blog and have enjoyed meeting and learning about so many other runners......
- That is about it.....how boring is that.......Hopefully next year will be a bit more exciting!!!
First on the list, starting the kid's "chore charts" again. These are cute little charts that hold Thing 1 and Thing 2 accountable for some responsibility around keeping the house picked up. They wanted their chores to include taking a shower every night and brushing their teeth.....helloooooo....noooooooo.... I told them that chores do not include personal hygeine, that is just a given, and what we do everyday no matter what!! Such boys!! We set up a $5 reward for doing chores all week, an allowance per say, and for every $20 they put in their saving accounts, My hubby and I will add $5. Encouragement to save some money, rather than to spend every penny on toys, candy, etc...... We will see how that goes.
Next, setting "individual" and "family" goals:
Thing 1's self proclaimed goals for 2010:
- Play Little League Tackle Football - He has begging us for several years, at age 9, I think we are finally gonna give in.
- Make straight A's on his next report card. He made all A's and a B last grading period.....
- Read book 2 and 3 of the Mysterious Benedict Society series. This is a big goal because these are 5-6th grade level books with over 500 pages and very small print. A lofty goal for a 9 year old/ 4th grader, but he loves to read and we encourage it!!!!
- Be more respectful!! He so needs this goal. He is my child who isn't quite sure when to be quiet, he argues for the sake of arguing and talks back. We are working on his mouthiness and his manners so this is a perfect goal for him.
( This was much harder than we thought, 6 year olds aren't good at setting goals.....trading Pokemon cards was top on his list....HaHa!!)
- Mom and Dad came up with his one and only goal : Less Whining/Crying........yeah right.....
- BE MORE POSITIVE AND MORE PATIENT. I am miss positivity at our house ( scary , huh??) My husband always sees the negative and expects the negative in every situation and we are starting to see this trait in Thing 1. So our entire family has agreed to make positivity a #1 priority in our household!!!
- Have 1 at home movie night per month as a family.
- Have 1 Drive-in movie night per month with the family ( only cost $10 for the whole family and they play first run movies!!)
- Have one multi-family get together each month that will include other adults and their children!! Can you say Potluck, Wii, Guitar Hero, board games.........FUN!!!!
- Treat eachother with more respect, Be nice to eachother, and less yelling in the house!!!!!
2010 busyrunningmama personal goals:
- 1st priority - rehab the shoulder and the knee and start running in 6 weeks - can't wait for mid- February!!
- Focus on 5K's and 10k's to get back in running shape and try to PR in a 5K this year.
- Would love to run the OUC Half Marathon this year after missing it due to injury in 2009.
- Be a better mom during tax season.....I am a tax accounatant and will spend the next 3 1/2 months working 13 hour days/ 7 days a week. This always leaves very little time for my family and when I am home, I am usually exausted and grumpy. I plan to really give more of an effort to make my time at home POSITIVE, PRODUCTIVE, and filled with quality family time. They deserve it. I will try to eat better, get enough sleep, and take care of myself so that I can give them a better 3 1/2 months this year.
- Spend more time with Hubby......we have some relationship goals written down.....no details here, but I am sure you can figure out what they might entail.....#1 is at least 1 date night per month......oh, you guys are terrible, your minds were totally in the gutter.......
- Hubby and I are trying to get to a point of living on a cash only basis. If we can't pay cash, we wont buy it. Our goal is to pay off the credit card entirely, have more money in savings and pay for everything with cash this year.... lofty but doable goal, no more details needed, we know what we have to do.......Now, just pray for no major surprises like $2100 braces, $4000 eye surgery for Mutt#1, $3000 fenced in yard for Mutt#1, etc.........
- A Healthier and Happier me......exercise, running, cross training, eating right......and the list goes on!!!
Robin has 2 giveaways......Here (running goodies) and Here! ( Foodie goodies)
Adventures in Running.........Starbucks gift Card Here
It's Just One Foot..........Here - One Mile Post Running Gear!!!