I have only run once since my last post but it was a record high since surgery......
1.65 miles/ avg pace 10:26
Here are the things that have been consuming my life in the past 2 weeks:
1) Monday the 9th - Did 30 minutes on the elliptical and my knees killed me for 2 days - not sure if my foot placement was wrong or what, but I wont be doing that again!!
2) Tues - 10th - knees killing me and I was at football practice with Thing 1 till 8:30PM, went straight from work. We now have Subway for dinner every Monday because no time to get home for dinner between work and practice.......
3) Wed - 11th -Hubby was doing after hours work ( he builds websites on the side) and I had kids with no chance of getting out of the house for a run!
4) Thursday 12th - I started coming down with something sinusy ( is that a word?) Felt like crap...Started cooking cake balls for my son's birthday. Wish I would have taken pictures but I felt like crap ( oh, did I already mention that??) . It's fairly labor intensive so I did not finish Thursday night and had to work on them again all night Friday night!!! I ended up with Lemon Cake Balls covered in White Chocolate and Red Velvet Cake Balls covered in Dark Chocolate....yummo!!
5) Saturday the 14th - Thing 1's Football Jamboree and then 25 people to my house for dinner to celebrate Aug/Sept birthdays in the family. Yes, we do this every 2 months or so.....all 25 of us, and it was my turn and I still felt like crap!! Oh, and I woke up at 6:45AM to put 2 huge Angus Beef Briskets in the oven (They turned out awesome so recipe will be coming soon)
6)Sunday - I slept until almost 11:00AM!! I cannot remember the last time I've done that, I was still not feeling well and was sooooooo exhausted. When I finally got up, I cleaned up my desk which was piled with tons of stuff that needed sorting and filing.......
7) Monday - I finally Ran!! I took my clothes so that I could run at my son's Football Practice....1.65 Miles!!
8) Woke up early (5:50AM) for Yoga in my living room
And Thing 1 Turned 10!! Yes, I cannot even believe that I have a 10 year old. He is really a good kid and I am sooooo proud of him in every way!!! He also had his first football game! His team was up 20-0 right before halftime. It started pouring rain/thunder/lightning.....waited in the car and then the other team forfeited! Yay! Our first game and it was a win!!
9) Wednesday, both kids woke up coughing, snotty, etc.....1 trip to the doctor, 5 Prescriptions and a full day off of work at home with them.......brings me to today.........
whew....I got tired typing that! No wonder I haven't posted lately!!
I have noticed a few new followers, so welcome! Always love new followers!!
I have not forgotten about a giveaway for my 1 year blogaversary and 100th post.....but as you can see I have been crazy busy!!
I am trying to get my schedule under control, kids go back to school Monday ( that actually means more craziness, as we then add in homework to the mix and more strict bedtime schedules) .
Does anyone else have issues trying to get it all in? Working full time and hubby working full time, after school practices, hubby working at night from home (on the side) and trying to run, exercise, and still going to PT. Oh, and I need to start studying for my 1st EA exam..??? Oh, yeah, probably all of you.....just trying to get a pity party going but I'm sure it's not working!!
Calendar out..........make a schedule and stick to it........that's what I need to do!!!